Has Twitter ever spoiled a favourite television show for you by leaking a huge plot twist?
And was that show, by chance, Game Of Thrones? Or Breaking Bad?
If so, you’re not alone, as a new study has revealed the 10 shows most likely to be “ruined” by a spoiler shared on Twitter or Facebook amongst fans in the United Kingdom.
The survey was conducted by VoucherCodesPro, who asked over 2,000 people whether they have had a plot twist or ending of a TV show spoiled for them by social media. Game Of Thrones topped the list, with 21 percent of the vote, ahead of Breaking Bad (17 percent) and The Walking Dead (14 percent).
1. Game of Thrones – 21%
2. Breaking Bad – 17%
3. The Walking Dead – 14%
4. Homeland – 11%
5. Made in Chelsea – 10%
6. Lost – 7%
7. Mad Men – 5%
8. How I Met Your Mother – 5%
9. The Only Way is Essex – 4%
10. 24 – 2%
- 66% Concerned About Privacy on Facebook (23% Twitter, 35% Instagram) [STUDY]
- 99% of Social Media Posts Generate Almost no Engagement [STUDY]
- Just One Third of Marketers Say They Can Accurately Measure Social Media ROI [STUDY]
- 20% of Young Shoppers in the UK Have Purchased Through Facebook (9% via Twitter) [STUDY]