Are you a disgruntled developer who did not fit the new and improved Twitter mold for coveted API access? Maybe you’re still hanging on by a thread, hoping something will change. Or maybe you were cast out like a black cat on Halloween.
Either way, take heart, you red-headed stepchild: there is hope for you yet. Twitter will soon be adding new verticals to its certified products program and that could result in Twitter saying “I choose you!”
Twitter launched the Certified Products Program in August of 2012 and it was chock-full of helpful information, detailing requirements that developers would have appreciated learning MUCH sooner. It shared what kinds of products and services Twitter wanted (and, by extension, didn’t want).
- Shoutlet, Spredfast and Sprout Social make it easier for large and small businesses to manage their Twitter presence — for example, by allowing multiple team members to respond to customer’s Tweets from one Twitter account.
- Adobe Social, with its deep integration in the Adobe Marketing Cloud, allows marketers to understand how their Tweets drive value.
- Percolate and Rallyverse help brands create meaningful and engaging Tweets.
- Sysomos, Simply Measured and Visible Technologies build analytics products that help companies better understand what people are saying on Twitter.
We’ll keep an eye out for these new verticals and will let you know when they’re announced. In the meantime, you can apply for ”certified product” status here.
(Certified image from Shutterstock)
- Twitter Officially Shutters Its #Music App
- For Better Trending Topics, Try Current.ly
- CtrlTwit Lets You Control Apps Like Pocket, MeetUp, Instagram Through Your Tweets
- Twitter For Mac Now Features Expandable Timelines, Explorable Tweets, Slicker Design