Want to find out about what is going on around you? Social discovery apps are popping up left and right that aim to connect you with friends, events and like-minded people in your area.
We’ve put together a list of five social discovery apps along with descriptions of the app and links to download.
4 Apps For Social Discovery
1. Banjo: “Banjo takes you beyond your network and live into what is happening anywhere you want to go. Whether you want to visit a specific event or you’re curious to experience someplace new, it’s the next best thing to being there.”
2. Sonar: “Sonar is the best way to connect and share with the people nearby now.”
3. Highlight: “Highlight gives you a sixth sense about the world around you, showing you hidden connections and making your day more fun.”
4. Localmind: “Localmind helps you figure out where to go, what to do, and what’s happening around town right now by instantly connecting you to local experts and people out right right now. Find out how long the wait at the restaurant is, what the best hiking trail in your city is, or what set is playing at the Arcade Fire concert right now.”
- Livr: A Social Network for the Overly Intoxicated
- Tickle: An Awkward App That Gets You Out of Awkward Situations
- Stuck in the Cold? Disney's Streaming App Will Warm You Up From the Inside
- Peek: The Calendar App for Minimalists