It’s a holiday weekend, which means that the roads will be busy as people across the country try to get out of town. To help you avoid the holiday traffic, we’ve put together a list of iOS and Android apps that will give you a leg up. Below you will find the name of the app, links to the download page, as well as the app’s description.
1. Sigalert.com: “Save time, save money, and save yourself from the hassles of traffic jams with Sigalert.com. Sigalert features constantly updated, real-time road speeds, round-the-clock traffic reports from the country’s top traffic company, and the largest network of roadside traffic cameras in the U.S. Avoid traffic with Sigalert.com.”
2. Beat the Traffic: “Beat the Traffic is the easiest way to enjoy a hassle-free commute in the USA and Canada. Quickly check the latest road traffic conditions in your area and discover the best route to take to avoid traffic jams.”
3. Traffic Monitor: “Data traffic monitor with integrated speed test and task manager. The RadioOpt Traffic Monitor measures data traffic consumed by your wifi and cellular interface. Download and upload throughput as well as ping durations can be measured via an integrated speed test.”
4. NYC Traffic Info: “NYC Traffic Info is New York City’s #1 iPhone Application for instant streaming traffic cameras. By Downloading this application for the iPhone or iPod Touch you can create a list of your favorite NYC Traffic Cameras allowing you to check live traffic conditions 24/7!”
5. INRIX Traffic: “Your Fastest Routes to Home & Work: Easily decide which route is the best choice to get around today’s traffic based on data from nearly 100 million drivers.”