The Kindle Fire is in the mail for those of you who are hoping to use the new device to read the news and magazines, we have put together a list of free news apps that can help you do so. Using Amazon’s App Store, you can load your Fire with many reading apps including these five:
1. Zinio: This free app lets you buy and read single issues of magazines or order subscriptions. Publications available include: Rolling Stone, The Economist, Hello!, US Weekly, T3 and Travel + Leisure. (Zinio is giving away $25 in credit to new users).
2. PressReader for Android: NewspaperDirect’s free app gives readers access to 2,000 full-content newspapers and magazines from 95 countries and in 51 languages. This includes: Al Jazirah, China Daily, Daily Mail, L’Equipe, The Hindu, The Guardian, The Globe and Mail, International Herald Tribune, Le Monde and National Post.
3. U.S. Newspapers: This free app gives users access many of the major American newspapers including: The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Financial Times and CNN.
4. Pulse News: This free app lets you customize your favorite news websites into one very clean and well-design dashboard.
5. Feedly: This free app aggregates content from blogs such as Endgadget, Mashable and TechCrunch.