Looking for a last minute date tonight? Don’t worry there may be another single person looking for a date tonight in your area. There are a bunch of dating apps designed to connect people based on their physical location. We’ve created a list of these various apps including a description of the app and a link to download them.
If you do use them, remember to stay safe. Consider double dating, group dates and remember to tell someone where you are going, since you are going out with a stranger. And don’t forget to turn off the location tool when you head home so that you don’t get followed!
5 Location Based Dating Apps
1. SinglesAroundMe: “SinglesAroundMe (SAM) is the #1 social discovery mobile dating app designed for you to discover and meet single people around you, right now, anywhere on earth. It is an unusually fun-loving mobile app that appeals to our sense of meeting like-minded people around us, wherever we might be. Spontaneous, serendipitous, by-chance meetings are exciting and they remind us of moments when great romances begin.”
2.Crazy Blind Date (OK Cupid): “Crazy Blind Date—a new dating app from OkCupid—is the easiest and fastest way to go on dates. You just tell us when and where you’d like to go, and we set you up with one of our millions of awesome singles. The app maintains your privacy while finding you the perfect match behind the scenes. With just a few taps, you could have dates every night of the week.”
3. Match.com: “Match.com is the #1 dating site with MORE DATES & RELATIONSHIPS than any other site. Download our FREE APP & WIDGET and see who’s single near you!”
4. Blendr: “Find nearby dates with Blendr, the free, socially flirtatious chat-to-meet app. Blendr uses your mobile device’s location services to connect you with the fun singles closest to you who share your interests and want to chat it up! With more than 150 million users around the world, Blendr is the best way to break the ice with more people around you.”
5. HowAboutWe Dating: “1. Post a date idea. Say ‘How About We…’ and describe the date you’d like to go on.
2. Connect. View date ideas, profiles and photos of other members and connect with the people you like. 3. Meet offline. It’s a simple, intuitive way to meet new people in the real world.”
- TripShare Lets iPad Users Share Potential Travel Plans with Friends
- Kickstarter's Melon Headband and App Tracks Productivity by Sensing Brainwave Activity
- Skobbler Launches Turn-By-Turn, Voice-Guided Navigation Map App That Works Offline
- 'The New Yorker' Introduces For Anonymous Document Sharing