- 'Do What You're Good At' instead of 'Do What You Love' Don't miss Laurie Ruettimann's razor sharp advice about how to carve a career path based on following your talents to do what you're good at.
- Behind the Scenes of Recruiting at Facebook Richard Cho discusses the strategy he uses at Facebook with his team of recruiters who support the product management and design groups.
- Use Social Media to Define Your Professional Self Learn practical ways to use social media as a career development tool from non-traditional marketer and social media maven Saul Colt.
Participating at Career Circus
Career and executive coach On Reinventing Your Career
HBO On Opportunities in Media
Marriott International On Creating a Strong Personal Brand
Career advice columnist On Skills Versus Experience
FreshBooks Social Media and Your Career
TheCynicalGirl.com Doing What You're Good At
The Job Post Successful Resumes and Cover Letters
Resume Revamp On Revamping Your Resume
A day of expert guidance, new tools, peer support, and techniques for managing your career
Getting ahead in your career is no longer about your experience. These days you need to adapt to change, know your core expertise, and self promote with confidence. What are the hot skills that organizations need now and how do they align with your specialty? Join us for a day of interactive sessions designed to help you uncover – and rediscover – core competencies and skills that could make all the difference in your career.
Learn from leaders in career management how to:
- Assess your current career to determine key areas for growth and opportunity
- Effectively communicate what you do in a proposal, interview, and in your social media profile
- Create your personal brand: What are the best platforms for you to showcase what you do and how you do it?
- While an internal focus is critical, a lens on the outside world is equally important. What can you do in your offline life to stay connected and on top of key industry trends?