Launch a Copy Editing Career with the Best in the Business
Over four weeks, you'll determine the skills you need to land work as a copy editor. You'll learn how to spot errors at the sentence level, navigate the style guides, and position yourself as a grammar authority to book, magazine, and Web editors. Along the way, you'll discover how new digital tools like Adobe InCopy can make you more efficient in the workplace.
How does this work?
This is an innovative interactive online workshop that includes several components:
- Opening keynote session by a grammar pro, with an interactive Q&A session.
- Weekly how-to sessions that provide step by step instruction by patient, knowledgeable instructors.
- One-on-one feedback provided by an advisor within a small homework group where you can ask questions and seek help.
- Weekly homework assignments designed to help you get your copy editing career started.
- Peer interaction, resource sharing, and building connections with professionals from around the country.
You'll leave with
- A solid working knowledge of copy editing techniques for book publishing and editing magazines, websites, and your own personal writing.
- Best practices for using Adobe InCopy to streamline your workflow.
- A deep understanding of how to land work as a copy editor today.