In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Copy Editing: Intro
Learn copy editing skills and get freelance work
- Wednesdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 4 sessions full schedule
This course is for anyone who wants to break into copy editing or feel more confident wrangling words. We'll cover the basics, from understanding copy editing marks to avoiding rookie grammar mistakes. You'll have the tools needed to enter the field and an understanding of how to create smooth, readable copy. And you'll have another skill you can add to your resume and put into action.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Determine when a sentence needs tweaking or is best left alone
- Understand copy editing lingo, including proofreading symbols and common terms
- Navigate stylebooks and prepare for a copy editing test
- Find the best reference materials for a copy editing assignment
- Tailor a resume and find copy editing jobs
By the end of class, you will have:
The tools to get work as a copy editor.