In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Copywriting: Creative Ad Writing
Build an advertising portfolio and get work
- Thursdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 8 sessions full schedule
In this class, you'll learn essential copywriting terms and techniques. If you're already working as a writer or copywriter, you'll learn from a new perspective while you complete creative assignments to expand your portfolio. Class will mimic working in an ad agency to build a varied portfolio.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Work with graphics and photos to make a complete ad
- Write benefit-driven headlines and body copy
- Write for various advertising media: print, collateral, web, outdoor, and direct mail
- Write and work from a creative brief
- Jumpstart your ad portfolio and look for jobs
By the end of class, you will have:
Experience drafting copy in a fast-paced environment, and polished ad writing examples to include in your copywriting portfolio.
Students who have taken this class have landed jobs at:
Saatchi & Saatchi, Euro RSCG 4D, and Mr. Youth.