In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Copywriting for the Web
Create copy for websites, emails, and social media outlets
- Thursdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 6 sessions full schedule
From information gathering to shopping to wanting to connect or be entertained, more and more of our daily interactions take place online. This class will focus on the craft, style, and strategy of writing compelling brand copy for the web.
Through weekly assignments, you'll learn how to carry concepts past headlines, recreate real-life sensations online, and craft copy that lingers in the consciousness long after the user has left a site. Copywriters new or seasoned will find techniques to move effective communication from the printed page to the Web and mobile devices.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Write benefit-driven web copy that's both engaging and succinct
- Create copy for social networks and curated content for branded communities
- Talk with art directors about new digital options
- Figure out which media (traditional or new) is best for your marketing message
- Adapt your style for social media messaging, mobile content, or a proper landing page
By the end of class, you will have:
Experience (and portfolio samples) to apply to web, mobile and social media copywriting.