WHEN You can begin your certificate coursework at any time. We offer all certificate courses multiple times throughout the year.
All classes are available online, with select classes also offered in NYC.
Mediabistro's Public Relations Certificate Program provides extensive practical training in the expanding field of PR. You'll progress through our series of public relations classes and learn how to use social media to spread your message. In the electives of your choice, you'll learn more about blogging or branding. By the end of the program, you'll know how to get maximum results for your client, your product, or personal brand.
You'll also get access to Freelance Marketplace and AvantGuild.
Mediabistro is the premier online education program for media professionals. When you graduate from the program, you will receive certification that will enhance your resume -- and your job prospects.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Produce clear, succinct press releases, pitch letters, media advisories, and other marketing materials
- Target and pitch top media outlets
- Understand how to use online distribution platforms to reach your audience and develop your client base
Course of Study
The certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the 4 required courses and 2 electives within one year. Students receive a letter of completion and certificate suitable for display.
- Public Relations
- Public Relations: Media Training and Relations
- Public Relations: New Business Development
- Public Relations: Incorporating Social Media and Multimedia
Choose Two Electives
- Social Media 101 or Social Media Marketing Boot Camp
- Brand Writing
- Event Planning
- Email Marketing
The Mediabistro Public Relations Certificate Program includes access for 12 months to the following mediabistro.com resources:
- Freelance Marketplace
Showcase your work and get jobs from managers who need to fill editorial assignments.
Make your professional life a little easier and a lot more productive with premium access to mediabistro.com's career-focused resources, editorial content, discounts, and other member benefits.
Admission and Enrollment
Students have 2 certification options.
1) Enroll in each required class separately and apply for certification when you have completed all requirements.
2) Enroll in the full program for $1650. Only program enrollees receive priority notice about upcoming courses, expedited enrollment, 1 year of access to Freelance Marketplace and AvantGuild.
Courses must be completed within one calendar year. Questions? Email us.