In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Digital Content Strategy
Apply your editorial skills to one of the fastest-growing digital media fields
- Mondays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 4 sessions full schedule
An effective content strategist is part editor, part marketer, part business analyst. When you understand content strategy, you can build a revenue model that sustains a digital media business.
This course will help you define and expand your content business by using audience data to drive creative decisions. You'll create a strategy that considers brand identity, audience habits, cultural trends, and revenue initiatives.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Create editorial content that aligns with the overall business goals
- Develop a content distribution strategy that works across web, social media, mobile, e-books, and emerging platforms
- Understand the content types that best reach your viewers including video, audio, graphics, and interactive features
- Analyze and measure content performance to evaluate your strategy
- Understand content management and metadata strategies to best organize, sort, and repurpose content
By the end of class, you will have:
A strategic plan for creating, distributing, analyzing, and managing your digital content, a greater understanding of your audience, and a plan to reach users on a variety of digital platforms.