In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Digital Project Management
Manage a technical project from conception to completion
- Wednesdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 4 sessions full schedule
The words project management are cropping up on job listings, as companies need dedicated overseers to keep complex projects on track. Knowing the skills and processes that successful project managers use can help you get your next job or move ahead in your current role.
In this course, you'll learn how to successfully manage an existing project or new product launch from conception to completion. We will cover the creative, analytical, and organizational skills you need to connect the dots between different departments and keep projects on task.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Oversee new product development from conception to execution
- Create specs, wireframes, and other key project management documents
- Collect feedback and implement improvements based on analytics, beta and A/B testing, and focus groups
- Manage an existing product or project
By the end of class, you will have:
Hands-on experience creating project management documents using Microsoft Project and Visio, and an understanding of best practices used to manage new or existing digital projects.