In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Produce fantastic parties and promotions with the director of special events at ABC Television
- Tuesdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 4 sessions full schedule
In this course, you'll learn how to create successful events from conception to completion. You'll discover how to think, plan, problem solve, and produce like a professional event planner.
Through weekly assignments, you'll write essential event documents including production reports and timelines, proposals for strategic collaborations and partnerships, and new business presentations. This class will follow the process of planning an event from beginning to end.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Create production documents including production reports, timelines, budgets, and event recaps
- Develop invitations, advertisements, calendar listings, and media alerts
- Create and manage an event budget
- Write effective sponsorship decks
- Think creatively to build strategic collaborations
By the end of class, you will have:
The skills to create successful events for a brand, business, or client.