In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Grammar and Punctuation
Write better. Period.
- Thursdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 4 sessions full schedule
Remember sixth grade English class? We don't either.
Get a grammar refresher and learn the rules that matter and those you can break. This course will help you navigate best grammar and style practices to produce clear, concise and engaging copy for editorial, business, or creative writing.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Understand the various parts of speech
- Make sure your subjects, verbs, and objects agree
- Ensure that punctuation serves the sentence
- Craft a perfect sentence
- Define exactly what style is and why it differs from style guide to style guide
By the end of class, you will have:
Training in the fundamentals of grammar to improve your current and future writing projects.