In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Present effectively and with confidence
- Thursdays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 2 sessions full schedule
Great public speakers aren't born; they're trained.
In the first part of this course, we'll focus on nuts-and-bolts tips and techniques for becoming a more confident and competent public speaker. In the second part, students will be assessed on their abilities to apply the learning to specific presentations and coached to address areas of improvement.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Captivate and engage an audience
- Use "Power Periods" and oral techniques to project competence
- Walk, gesture, and position your body to convey strength
- Interact with displays, notes, and PowerPoint presentations
- Come up with customized ways to improve your own personal public speaking style
By the end of class, you will have:
The skills to speak confidently and with authority to engage any audience.