Launch a Copy Editing Career with the Best in the Business
Over four weeks, you'll determine the skills you need to land work as a copy editor. You'll learn how to spot errors at the sentence level, navigate the style guides, and position yourself as a grammar authority to book, magazine, and Web editors.
How does this work?
This is an innovative interactive online workshop that includes several components:
- Opening keynote session by a grammar pro, with an interactive Q&A session.
- Weekly how-to sessions that provide step by step instruction by patient, knowledgeable instructors.
- One-on-one feedback provided by an advisor within a small homework group where you can ask questions and seek help.
- Weekly homework assignments designed to help you get your copy editing career started.
- Peer interaction, resource sharing, and building connections with professionals from around the country.
You'll leave with
- A solid working knowledge of copy editing techniques for book publishing and editing magazines, websites, and your own personal writing.
- A deep understanding of how to land work as a copy editor today.