Hands-on training in an innovative, online formatWatch live how-to sessions, work one-on-one with an advisor throughout the week, and complete assignments tailored to your personal goals.
A crash course for beginnersGet up and running - and comfortable - on the major social media sites.
Work with an advisor and meet peers across industriesMaster management and content distribution techniques with social media experts and accomplished peers from around the country.
Online Conference & Workshop
Hands-On Social Media Training for Beginners
Learn best practices for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+.
Over five weeks, you'll determine the social media sites that matter most to you, based on your personal and professional goals.
You'll learn how to get set up on each platform, how to create meaningful content, and how to engage with your audiences across various sites. Find out the full scope of features that the major social media sites have to offer. Master techniques for time management and recommendations for when to distribute content across various sites (and when not to). Along the way, you'll discover how new tools and mobile apps make social media easy to manage on the go.
How does this work?
This is an innovative interactive online workshop that includes several components:
- Opening keynote session by a social media power user, with an interactive Q&A session.
- Weekly how-to sessions that provide step by step instruction by patient, knowledgeable instructors.
- One-on-one feedback provided by an advisor within a small homework group where you can ask questions and seek help.
- Weekly homework assignments designed to help you take advantage of all features of each social media site.
- Peer interaction: Learn from accomplished peers from around the country by sharing resources and making connections.
By the end of this interactive online workshop, you'll have:
- Solid working knowledge of the major social media platforms for use in your professional and personal lives.
- Best practices for using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, YouTube, and Flickr along with complete personal profiles on each site.
- A deep understanding of how to create content relevant to your audience on each platform.