|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > The Pajama Program Hosts “Pajama Drive” in Bronx for Hurricane Sandy Relief|
The Pajama Program Hosts “Pajama Drive” in Bronx for Hurricane Sandy Relief
Dec 8, 2012, 9:30AM to 1:00PM
|Location||2146 Bartow Avenue
|Details||Join Celebrity Guests to Donate Pajamas for Kids in Extreme Need in Local NYC and New Jersey Shelters this Saturday, December 8
WHAT: This Saturday, December 8, The Pajama Program in partnership with Carter’s, Inc. will host a “Pajama Drive” at the Carter’s children’s clothing store in the Bronx. Celebrity guests will help collect PJ’s for kids in extreme need in New York and New Jersey shelters. Our goal? 1,000 pairs of pajamas!
• Due to Hurricane Sandy, the number of children in shelters has doubled. Many of these children go to sleep in their school clothes. Instead of a toy this holiday season, why not give a pair of clean, warm pajamas to help these kids have a safe and good night’s sleep?
• The Pajama Program is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to delivering new, warm pajamas and books to children in need, many who are without parents and/or permanent homes.
• Enjoy complimentary snacks, surprise photo opps with celebrities, free gift wrap with purchase and the opportunity to win 4 tickets plus dinner and autographs from the Broadway Musical "Annie."
WHY: “Danger Season” is here - the coldest, most difficult time for the children served by the Pajama Program. Many of these children have been abused, abandoned or neglected and live in group homes, shelters or temporary housing without adequate heat. As winter arrives, temperatures drop. At night these kids are afraid, lonely and too often, cold. Generous donations of warm pajamas and books help these children feel like they do belong, they do matter and they are loved.
- Celebrities and their children helping collect PJ donations
- Customers donating PJ’s in large Pajama Program donation bins
- Interview Genevieve Piturro, founder, Pajama Program
|Venue||Carter’s Children’s Clothing Store Bay Plaza|