|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Future of Communications Career Workshop|
Future of Communications Career Workshop
Mar 28, 2013, 2:00PM to 6:00PM
|Location||365 Fifth Avenue; Elebash Recital Hall
New York, NY
|Details||Use promo code DD for a discounted rate of $175 ($20 off original price).
The Future of Communications’ Career Workshop will focus on educating rising professionals about where the industry is going, why it is changing so rapidly, and what you need to know in order to succeed. Highly regarded industry thought leaders from both brands and agencies will share their personal stories and perspectives with you about topics such as:
• Technology’s growing impact, including the internet, social media and mobile, on how organizations communicate
• The need to understand data, analytics, and technical tools as a core capability of the communications professional of the future
• Why traditional and isolated departments/functions such as PR, Marketing, Technology are OUT and cross-functional/department teams, including agencies and vendors are IN and what does this means for future industry leaders
• Why are creativity and fresh ideas critical ingredients to a successful communications career?
• What’s the important relationship between earned media, content marketing and search engine marketing?
• How do you contribute to a culture that fosters innovation?
Keynote Speaker - Brian Kenny, Marketing and Communications Officer, Harvard Business School
Robert Libbey, Head of Digital & Social Communications, Pfizer Inc.
Kris Maccini, Vice President, Marketing Branding & Communications, Jefferies
PRWeek; PRWeek Talent Pool; New York Chapter – International Association of Business Communicators; New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Event Website: http://www.bdionline.com/futurecommcareer.html
BDI Website: http://www.bdionline.com
Follow BDI: http://www.twitter.com/bdionline
|Venue||The Graduate Center of The City Unversity of NY|