|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Discover the Power of Twitter Tweet-A-Thon-Style|
Discover the Power of Twitter Tweet-A-Thon-Style
Mar 30, 2013, 10:00AM to 1:00PM
|Location||921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
|Details||A fun and interactive way for you to learn how to use Twitter!
Twitter is an information network that brings people closer to what’s important to them. Learn how to engage with the world around you, tweet-a-thon style!
A tweet-a-thon is like a Twitter-based marathon where the tweeter focuses on a particular topic. That’s right, you will be participating in a live, interactive tweetchat in real-time. This day you will officially be tweeting and retweeting!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Twitter account. We will help you set one up. The purpose of this tweet-a-thon is to help you learn how to use Twitter and its’ features while having good, clean fun!
Here’s what this class will teach you:
• How to setup a Twitter account
• What it means to tweet and retweet
• How to compose a tweet
• How to engage with the Twitter community
• What a tweetchat is
At the end of this workshop, you will:
• Have your own Twitter handle and profile
• Know the definitions of tweeting and retweeting
• Be able to start engaging with your peers
• Have participated in your very first tweet-a-thon!
Who should attend?
Anyone who has heard about Twitter, but is not sure what it is, anyone who has started a Twitter account, but is not sure how to begin Tweeting, or anyone who simply wants to join in on the fun we are having with Twitter.
• Basic internet knowledge is required
• You must have a working email address and know the password
• Optional: Please bring your personal photo, background images and/or other photos on a USB flash drive
This workshop is presented by Romona Foster. Romona is a highly endorsed social media trainer teaching professionals how to leverage and brand their businesses through the use of social media. She is an engaging speaker who is passionate about all things related to social media marketing. Romona trains both groups and individuals on how to use LinkedIn, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Office.
|Venue||Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital|