|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Now, That's Pinteresting!: Simple Steps to Getting Started With Pinterest|
Now, That's Pinteresting!: Simple Steps to Getting Started With Pinterest
Mar 23, 2013, 10:00AM to 1:00PM
|Location||921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
|Details||Pinterest is one of the hottest and fastest growing social media platforms out there. Millions of people are using it in their lives and work. It is a tool that can be used to help you organize your work or for collecting and sharing things that inspire you. People are using pin boards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Pinterest is growing fast, so come join the Pinterest community today.
Are you a photographer? Then bring photos of your work. Do you knit, crochet or love to cook? Come with pictures of your designs or food that you’ve created. If you are a genealogist or family historian, come learn how to tell your family’s story on boards. Whoever you are … whatever you do, you’ll find this class to be very Pinteresting!
Here's what you will learn:
• What Pinterest is
• How to create your Pinterest profile
• How to start pinning and organizing your boards
• How to view boards created by other people
• Who to follow and how to unfollow
• What the pinning etiquette is
• How to use apps, buttons and widgets
At the end of this workshop, you will:
• Know what Pinterest is and what to use it for
• Know how to pin and what to pin
• Understand how to add images, videos and links
• Be able to create buttons and widgets to use online
Who should attend?
Anyone who is interested in art or design, people who are interested in organizing and keeping things they see online that inspire them. Also, those who are interested in keeping up with the latest trends in social media should attend.
• Basic PC skills and internet knowledge is required
• You must have a working email address and know the password
• Optional: Please bring a headshot or photo for your profile picture and photos to begin pinning on your boards. You can bring these either on your flash drive, in your email or on your mobile phone - you must know how to upload photos from your phone.
This workshop is presented by Romona Foster. Romona is a highly endorsed social media trainer teaching professionals how to leverage and brand their businesses through the use of social media. She is an engaging speaker who is passionate about all things related to social media marketing. Romona trains both groups and individuals on how to use LinkedIn, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Office.
|Venue||Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital|