|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Academic Governance Forum|
Academic Governance Forum
May 6, 2013 to May 7, 2013
|Location||30 Pitt St, 2000
The Academic Governance Forum examines academic governance in light of extensive changes particularly with regard to quality and standards.
Informa Higher Education Series’ inaugural Academic Governance Forum will bring together the chairs and members of senates with faculty leaders, governance experts and university management, to discuss the trends in academic governance and the impact of the sectoral landscape on academic boards and senates.
The two day forum considers the characteristics of the modern university and the impact of regulatory change, academic innovation and institutional change on the form and function of academic boards.
Key topics include:
- The diversity of organisational structures and missions – impact on academic systems and culture
- Role and function of modern academic boards
- Regulatory change
- The intersection between corporate governance and academic governance
- Academic independence and integrity – have traditional concepts given way to modern thinking
- Faculty and governance
- Curriculum development and pathways
- TEQSA – impact on future role of academic boards/senates
- Academic risk, quality assurance and monitoring
- Impact of unionisation on academic governance strategies
- E-learning, technology and innovation – implications for governance
- Research and governance
Price: Two day forum: $1864.50 AUD, Speaker Presentation Downloads: $764.50 AUD
Keywords: conferences australia, conferences in australia, current events in australia, australia conferences, australia conference, australian conferences, australia education, informa, conferences 2013, events australia, meetings and events australia, informa conference, australian conference, south asia conference, events in australia, 2013 conferences, informa conferences, asia conference, australia events, universities in australia, education in australia, australia higher education, higher education in australia, higher education australia, academic governance events, higher education events, academic governance.
|Venue||Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel|