|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Big Data for utilities|
Big Data for utilities
Dec 3, 2013, 8:30AM to 4:30PM
|Location||Coram Street, WC1N 1HT
In the near future utilities will posses vast quantities of structured and unstructured data. Through using data analytics utilities should aim to optimise business processes new business models.
Through using data analytics utilities should aim to optimise business processes and tap into new business models. However as recent reports suggested, the utility industry may not be ready in handling the surge of big data.
SMi's masterclass hosted by Alliander and SAP will focus on the strategic, architectural, technical and practical aspects of Big Data for utilities. Based on broad studies of analytics requirements for decision making supporting utility processes this masterclass leads you through a multisource data strategy approach by combining data from transactional, geospatial and realtime domains to create value for your enterprise. With case study examples this masterclass will challenge you to apply the lessons learned.
Benefits of Attending:
• Demystify Big Data and how you can leverage predictive analytics to deliver real business value
• Discover how to achieve the transformation of data management
• Ensure IT technology and platforms are scalable to meet the demands of data explosion
• Explore possible business scenarios and problems that can be addressed using predictive analytics
• Understand practical approaches to building an analytics strategy and roadmap
Keywords: it architecture, energy flows, predictive analytics, demand, asset mangement, utility, grid, distribution automation, smart meter, utilities. conference, supply, network, water, gas, electricity, analytics, big data, masterclass
|Venue||Holiday Inn Bloomsbury|