|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Cell-based Assays|
Dec 2, 2013 to Dec 4, 2013
München 80335, Germany
|Details||Harnessing enabling technologies and platforms for drug discovery, drug development, toxicity testing and disease modelling. Join your peers 2-4 December in Munich at the Cell-based Assays summit.
For every million compounds screened, approximately 250 make it to pre-clinical testing, 10 to clinical trials and just one is approved for patient use. Industry can ill-afford to continue such a wasteful process.
Cancerous and animal cells (many having been in continuous culture for decades), poorly reflect patient physiology. Finally, these are yielding to more representative models that better reflect the intended recipients of new molecular entities. Advances in label-free technologies, human primary, 3D assays and stem cell-derived lines are driving a paradigm shift in drug discovery, development, disease modelling and toxicity testing.
Focussing on these, the future tools for biological screening, Pharma IQ brings you its inaugural Cell-Based Assays conference.
Over 20 industry speakers will present case studies and unpublished research enabling you to:
* Integrate feedback from in vitro assays to improve in vivo results: case studies from Lundbeck, Syngenta and UCB
* Utilise the first robust protocol devised for HTS and HCS using human pluripotent stem cells: Exclusive workshop by the HelmholtzZentrum München
* Model long-term varicella zoster infection in human neural 3D cultures: UNIQUE CASE STUDY by NASA and Freie Universität Berlin
* Optimise drug discovery using high-content, label–free and primary human cellular assays: insights from MorphoSys, Actelion Pharmaceuticals and MedImmune
* Apply 3D human neuronal cultures for psychiatric disease modelling and toxicity testing: key insights from AbbVie, The European Commission and University of Leipzig
* Harness 3D, multiplex, human primary lung and iPSC derived cardiomyocytes for multiparametric disease modelling and quantitative safety testing: NEW CASE
STUDIES from Ludwig-Maximilians-University and Janssen Pharmaceutica
For more information and to download the agenda, visit www.assayssummit.com/info, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7368 9300.
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
toxicity testing, assays, cytotoxicity, ldh assay, bioassay, radioimmunoassay, cell culture, induced pluripotent testing, high throughput screening, high-content screening, cell based assays event, cell based assays, drug discovery
Artists / Speakers:
Clemens Möller, Benedikt B. Kaufer, Lesley Jenkinson, Farnaz Fallah-Arani, Rochdi Bouhelal, Stefanie Urlinger, Jayne Wright, Susanne Bremer-Hoffmann, Katrin Sobel, Tetsuro Wakatsuki, Sabrina Desbordes, Andrea Robitzki, Oliver Eickelberg, Georg Terstappen, Philip Hewitt, Miroslav Cik, Thomas J. Goodwin, Jorrit J. Hornberg, Andreas Sutter, Hua Rong Lu.