Politics Daily columnist Walter Shapiro offers a fascinating take on forcing himself to watch 60 hours of cable news in five days.
It has left him with some troubling results:
1. He has lost interest in leaving his apartment.
2. He’s snapping at his wife.
3. He’s sleep deprived.
What will haunt me for weeks was [Anderson] Cooper’s tightly produced depiction of the amazing rescue of a 13-year-old girl in a purple shift who had been trapped under concrete, with only one leg protruding, for 18 hours. Afterwards, the girl bravely said in French, “I wasn’t scared. I wasn’t scared of anything.”
In frightening contrast, Larry King built his Wednesday night show around a hitherto underreported and underappreciated aspect of the tragedy — the emotional reactions of celebrities with ties to Haiti. “With us in the studio here in Los Angeles is the lovely Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon,” King proudly announced at the top of the broadcast.
Read the full story here.
- Awkward Interactions at Heritage Foundation's Launch of The Daily Signal
- Mice Close Washington Post Cafeteria
- Is Ed Henry the Reason for Mice Problem in White House Press Room?
- MoJo Smacks Down Examiner Writer 'Investigating' Michael Hastings' Death