Yep, ’tis the season for annual year in review “lists.” And though we too find them annoying, we couldn’t help but to create one of our own. So, we give you “Overexposed in ’09″ – 9 news topics that we’d rather see benched for 2010.
9. Michelle’s Magic Garden: Growing organic veggies is super cool in certain circles but we hope news stories about the First Lady’s au natural tomatoes will take a cue from Smith & Hawken and shut down this year.
8. Bo-ring: Sorry Bo, but you’ve become exhausting. We love dogs but the FDOTUS domination during Barbara Walters‘ interview with Michelle Obama pushed us over the edge. Unless Bo knocks up one of Paris Hilton‘s pooches, we don’t want to hear about it next year.
7. The Helen Thomas Diaries: her upcoming book, her anniversary, her birthday, her seat in the WH briefing room. A legend? Yes. But we’ve written her name more times in 2009 than we care to count.
6. Bronzed Boner: No further mention of House Minority Leader John Boehner‘s (R-OH) bronzed bod or the pronunciation of his surname would be most appreciated. We know his last name is not pronounced “Boner” and we’re fully aware of his tendency to tan.
5. Newsertainment: Say what you will about Glenn Beck but we’re over the media frenzy around the Fox News shock jock. Lesson learned – opinion programs blur the line between entertainment and information but covering Beck’s every comment only validates the importance of his “opinions.”
4. Salahi Scams: Not much would surprise us about the Salahi’s at this point. If you’ve done business with them, they probably screwed you. If you’ve spoken to them, they surely lied to you. Oh, Tareq and Michaele…we’ve had fun but it’s time to move on.
The top 3 topics after the jump.