A column in The Hill by Republican Strategist Dick Morris has a handful of people all atwitter.
In it, Morris makes the case that Democrats, who made electoral gains in the last election, will doom themselves by continuing on a platform promoting increases in tax rates and federal spending.
Morris famously predicted GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney would win the election by a landslide. Of course, that was horseshit.
Media Matters’ Jamison Foser sarcastically paraphrased Morris’ column as, “And so, by being spectacularly wrong, I was right.”
Foser’s colleague Simon Maloy expressed dismay that Morris’ column was “published by an actual newspaper.”
Talking Points Memo‘s Benjy Sarlin described the column: “An introspective Dick Morris looks deep within after the elec– just kidding. ‘Obama lost by winning!’”
After Morris’ election prediction bungle, Media Matters ran a story citing numerous staffers at The Hill questioning his credibility. “He is a laughingstock, especially the way he acted in this last election,” one anonymous staffer reportedly said.
More reaction to Morris’ piece…
- “Dick Morris earned his reputation as a loser for a reason. LMAO.”– Political Psychic
- “Morris has no more credibility. NONE.”– GFH, self-described “conservative Republican”
- “When did Dick Morris start writing for The Onion?”– Zombie Broder
The Hill has declined to comment. No reason given.
- FBDC Tweeterboard: DC Pubs
- TWT Expands Stable of Conservative Voices with Addition of O'Donnell
- Lanny Davis, Christine O'Donnell Star in TWT Idol at CPAC
- WaPo Content to be Translated and Distributed via China-based Wide Angle Media