Among the perks of a journalist covering the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and the events surround it are the gift bags that are doled out at select parties.
Last night we collected our first bag of the weekend, and what a delight it was. A big fat thank you to Elle, Lanmark Technology’s Lani Hay and the Creative Coalition for assembling a collection of items we never knew we wanted so badly. This was awaiting us on our chairs inside a banquet room at The Ritz to celebrate female journalists. Who the hell says there’s a war on women?
Contents of the black bag:
1. Beautiful bright orange hair ties from South Moon Under.
2. The latest Elle Magazine with Rihanna on the cover. If you don’t know how to pronounce Rihanna just ask CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
3. Skinny Pop Popcorn. Only 100 calories per bag. Guilt free, cholesterol free.
4. A creamy yellow box of chocolates from Largess Affair.
5. Liz Earle face cleanse & polish in a pretty mint green container.
6. Kate Somerville intensive exfoliating treatment and a separate bottle of dermal quench Liquid Lift.
7. Glo Therapeutics skin revitalizer bronzer.
8. $35 toward perfume at Lafco in New York.
9. A diamond in the ruff Radiance Micro-Oxygen facial at RPS Medspa.
10. A delectable lemon flavored Georgetown Cupcake.
11. Free training session with Laurant at YaLa Fitness. Uh oh. Who’s Laurant? Who knows? But it’s free.
12. Lip gloss. The color: luna (a dark peachy pink).
13. An absolutely luxurious turquoise eye mask from Kumi Kookoon. We’re in the cocoon as we speak.
14. Burt’s Bees lip shimmer in the always necessary array of plum, cherry and strawberry.
15. Burt’s Bees daily moisturizing cream for sensitive skin. It’s hypoallergenic.
16. Promise Me by Nancy Brinker, founder of Susan. G. Komen for the Cure.
Who showed up?
We won’t get everyone, but here’s a taste…
ABC7′s Rebecca Cooper, CBS’s Norah O’Donnell, MSNBC’s Alex Wagner, NBC4′s Angie Goff, CNN’s Matt Dornic, DC Mag’s Karen Sommer Shalett, The Atlantic‘s Garance Franke-Ruta, HuffPost‘s Christina Wilkie, Bloomberg’s Stephanie Green, TWT‘s Emily Miller, Washingtonian‘s Kate Bennett, and The Washington’s Examiner‘s Nikki Schwab, CBS’s Christine Delargy, Komen’s Kiki Ryan, Tim Burger.
Others…Jessica Hoy, who handles PR for Lani Hay, the Creative Coalition entourage which included Tim Daly, Robin Bronk, David Arquette, Johnny Galecki and the infamous Rich Kind, among others.