This just in from Washington Examiner Editor-in-Chief Stephen Smith. He said (we think in jest), “I had to wait for you folks to break the news to make it official.” Thank you, Stephen. We do appreciate that.
– Sincerely, FishbowlDC Management
Subject: New staffer
I’m pleased to announce that Alex Pappas, who has been a writer at the Daily Caller for the last year, will be joining The Washington Examiner after Christmas to cover Prince George’s County.
At the Caller, Alex covered the 2010 campaigns, the Tea Party movement and Congress. Before that he spent seven months as an intern at the Mobile Press-Register, writing about politics, crime and courts.
He was no stranger to Washington even before joining the Caller, having worked as an intern at the White House and at “Meet the Press with Tim Russert” and as a congressional page.
Alex graduated from St. Paul’s Episcopal School in Mobile and the University of the South in Sewannee, Tennessee. Please join me in welcoming to him our merry band.
- The Washington Post Owner Jeff Bezos to Replace Publisher Katharine Weymouth
- NBC News President Confirms Chuck Todd to Replace David Gregory as 'MTP' Host
- The Hill's Bob Cusack Named Editor in Chief
- Former Senators Kent Conrad and Judd Gregg Join Edelman’s Public Affairs Practice