Quote(s) of the Day
“I’m at Beverly Hills Hilton for lunch & I’m informed this is bathroom where John Edwards was cornered by Enqu http://tweetphoto.com/36055185.”
- The Weekly Standard‘s Mary Katharine Ham in a weekend tweet. Ham is also a video blogger and political commentator for FNC.
TV reporter gets delayed; drinks beer
“Hey @delta, I appreciate the call to say we’re delayed. Would have appreciated it more BEFORE getting to the airport.” And later: “Upside to being delayed in NOLA airport: am drinking a beer at the gate and no one has even batted an eyelash.” – Bloomberg TV’s Lizzie O’Leary in weekend tweets.
And in response…
“@lizzieohreally at least you get beer. My layover (right word?) at Penn Station is dry. Le sigh.” – AP’s Phil Elliott, U.S. national politics writer in a weekend tweet.
Editor raves about Portland airport
“Bye, Portland. Thanks for awesome vacation and a total lack of sales tax. Hearkening back to earlier tweet, PDX is an outstanding airport.”
- The Hotline Editor Reid Wilson in a weekend tweet.
- NYT New DC Bureau Chief Carolyn Ryan Looks Around City, Says, 'Hm, Not As Bad As I Thought'
- Barack Obama: Underwood Gets Stuff Done. Alex Burns: False.
- But How Does Dave Weigel Feel About the Obama-Castro Handshake?
- What He Said...