Quote(s) of the Day
This is your brain on August
“If I am following no one, why can I still see you?”
- Politics Daily Editor-in-Chief Melinda Henneberger in a Wednesday tweet.
Greta grills a young, dirty.com Quayle
“I’ve had nothing to do with that website you just talked about. This is about satirical posts about a blog that doesn’t even exist anymore. My opponent is pushing this because he’s not focused on the issues.”
- Ben Quayle, son of former VP Dan Quayle, on FNC’s “On the Record With Greta Van Susteren” Wednesday night. Quayle narrowly won his Arizona congressional primary, but is dealing with fallout after posting on Dirty Scottsdale, a site catering to the club scene.”I don’t mean to belabor this,” she said after several questions, (including, has he ever degraded women?) but she had one more: “How long ago was this?” Answer: Some three to four (dirty) years ago.
Weigel accepting prayers for ailing uncle
“On way out of Florida, visited my uncle Franny who’s getting two bad kidneys removed — good one just went in. Am accepting prayers.”
- Slate‘s Dave Weigel in a Wednesday tweet.
Wisdom from Reuters D.C. Bureau Chief
“Suggestion of the day. …Specifically, try and avoid insulting and tactless remarks in print, on camera, in public or in front of journalists.”
- Reuters D.C. Bureau Chief Simon Denyer in his Wednesday afternoon newsletter after Republican co-chairman of the President’s Deficit Commission Alan Simpson’s gaffe regarding handing out government retirement benefits and “milking a cow with 310 tits.” (Get Denyer’s newsletter by writing him at email@example.com.)
- NYT New DC Bureau Chief Carolyn Ryan Looks Around City, Says, 'Hm, Not As Bad As I Thought'
- Barack Obama: Underwood Gets Stuff Done. Alex Burns: False.
- But How Does Dave Weigel Feel About the Obama-Castro Handshake?
- What He Said...