• DC’s media types also turned out last night for a screening of HBO’s documentary “By the People: The Election of Barack Obama” at MPAA with filmmakers Amy Rice and Alicia Sams. NYT‘s Jeff Zeleny, the New Yorker‘s Ryan Lizza and Chicago Sun Times‘ Lynn Sweet were all actually in the documentary.
NBC’s Betsy Fischer and Athena Jones, MSNBC’s David Shuster, WaPo‘s Jonathan Capehart, Bloomberg’s Julianna Goldman, Time‘s Karen Tumulty, TPM‘s Christina Bellantoni, Monocle’s Sasha Issenberg, ABC’s Sunlen Miller, Tammy Haddad and Richard Wolfe attended. And from the White House: communications director Anita Dunn, her deputy Dan Pfeiffer, deputy press secretary Bill Burton, economic advisor Austan Goolsbee and Obama’s Iowa political director Mike Blake. (h/t Politico‘s Click)
• Helen Thomas and Craig Crawford have teamed up to author “Listen Up, Mr. President.” NBC’s Andrea Mitchell, CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux, Dan Lothian and Sam Feist and C-SPAN’s Howard Mortman were just some of the friends and colleagues who came out for a book party hosted by Lebanese Ambassador Antoine Chedid and held at the residence. (Photo by Alissa Krinsky for TVNewser.)
- Afternoon Lede Check, 4.16.14
- Mediabistro Early Bird Newsfeed
- Morning Splash
- Afternoon Lede Check, 4.15.14