A few more details about tonight’s dinner…
• The MSNBC after-party is being thrown by the former social secretary to Vice President Al Gore, Philip Dufour of Dufour & Co. Playbook hears the party will have a hip, modern vibe and a Starbucks coffee bar. If you last til 1am, mini breakfast items will be served.
• Away from the Starbucks bar, Politico‘s Playbook says MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow will be mixing cocktails called “The Hearst,” 2 oz. Beefeater gin, 1 oz. Cinzano brand sweet vermouth, 1 dash each Angostura and Angostura orange bitters.
• Kentavius Jones will provide the entertainment at CBS’ pre-party. When we ran into him at sound-check earlier, he said his only goal is to get the party rockin’ enough that President Obama swings by. Get a preview here.
• We told you yesterday C-SPAN would be carrying tonight’s festivities live. Today we’ve learned Fox News, CNN and MSNBC will also all take the President’s remarks at around 8:40pm.
- Al-Monitor and Johns Hopkins Discuss Very Functional Working Relationship Between Russia, US
- The Atlantic, PEN Hosting Free Expression Forum at Newseum
- DC Journo-Land: It's Not All Meanness and Backbiting
- BuzzFeed Pub Crawl with Nancy Pelosi and John Stanton