Quotes of the Day
Female journo wanders into wrong restroom
“So, I am now one of those jackasses that walks into a men’s room b/c her nose is buried in the bberry.” — ABC News’ Amy Walter.
A Washington journalist hard at work…
“[Dana Milbank] enjoying the atmosphere at the [Dylan Ratigan] fete at Sidecar.” — WaPo and MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart. Ratigan was in town to promote his new book, Greedy Bastards: How We Can Stop Corporate Communists, Banksters, and Other Vampires from Sucking America Dry.
Radio personality recalls motherly advice
“Remember how your mom told you cleaning is easier if you just pick up after yourself a little every day? She was right.” — WMAL and The Daily Caller‘s Mary Katharine Ham.
A writer admits his troubles
“Writer complaint. Don’t you hate it when after three hours a paragraph still isn’t right?” — The Atlantic‘s Conor Friedersdorf.
Good News, Bad News and Peach Yogurt
First the bad news. U.S. News & World Report was seriously asleep at the wheel Thursday as a Washington Whispers writer fell for a ludicrous, obviously fake Twitter account in writing a story on the Susan G. Komen/Planned Parenthood ordeal. Tierney Sneed wrote the story. The journo wrote, “Jill Biden tweeted Thursday afternoon, ‘When Joe heard about Susan G. Komen not funding Planned Parenthood anymore, Joe threw away his pink-ribbon Harvest Peach yogurt.’” (SERIOUSLY no editor caught this.) And the good news. Washington Whispers staff humbly issued the following correction and didn’t try to sugarcoat any notion that a terrible mistake was made. That deserves at least an emoticon (as MSNBC’s Meghan McCain might say) of respect.
“Washington Whispers published in error a story stating that Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden, had sent a message through Twitter saying that the vice president no longer supported the work of the organization Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The story was based on a fake Twitter account.”
Find a sampling of recent tweets from @drjillbiden after the jump…
Fish Poll: Yesterday we polled readers on the hypothetical of ABC making Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper permanent host of “This Week.” The results were clear: 42.3 percent of you agreed, “Yes, he’s the quintessential Washington insider who knows politics inside and out.” Second highest score comprised 33.33 percent respondents: “Yes, I’m over George Stephanopoulos already.”
Recent tweets from @drjillbiden include:
- Joe is known for singing Rolling in the Veep around our house.
- Joe said if he ever runs for office again, his main platform is to reinstate Pluto as a planet. #50thingsilove
- Joe’s saving your tax dollars by getting into extreme couponing. We now have a bunker’s worth of Charmin in the guest bedroom.
- Rick Santorum is so anti-gay he won’t even eat Skittles because he’s scared to Taste the Rainbow
- “When you’re finished with the roses in the White House garden, please pick up the trowel and hose, but you can #LeaveThatHoe”
- “Joe prayed Detective Stabler would return to Law&Order: SVU at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast. Also got his chocolate milk blessed.”
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013
- This Day in FishbowlDC History