Good morning Washington.
Got a blind item, interesting link, funny note, comment, birthday, anniversary or anything of the sort for Morning Reading List? Drop us a line or let us know in the tips box below.
We’ve got your morning mix of media Muesli after the jump…
Birthdays: Josh Rosenblum, Nu Wexler. Most of you had no plans to watch Obama’s informercial last night. Check out today’s White House Photo of the Day from Time. Today’s “Angry Journalist” rant of the day: “All real journalists are angry that many Americans think that many of the people on cable television news shows are actual journalists, when they are clearly not journalists. Most of them shouldn’t even be on the air, and most of them are terrible on camera. What they should be doing is finding jobs at our factories and plants, and working at an honest living. Leave the airwaves for real journalists — who practice real journalism.”
Today’s FishbowlDC comment of the day (with regards to yesterday’s post on “Live-Blogging Chris Matthews Interview“: Reader RonM writes, “Chris is right. Here’s to hoping a President Obama will continue to break (color) boundaries in the cable newsrooms. I think, to a degree, it can be argued that Rachel Maddow’s rise owes a bit to the conversation on other perspectives that Obama’s canidacy started” Keep the FishbowlDC discussion going by dropping your comments here.
Quickly navigate Morning Reading List:
- Restaurant Eve indicates when parsnips or, in this case, tomatoes come from the garden. But otherwise, the Armstrongs have not gone out of their way to trumpet their accomplishments. It’s unusual given the trendiness of eco-friendly practices. ‘People talk about it like it’s new, but it’s really not,’ says Cathal, 39. ‘It’s a return to what’s been done before.’”
- Awkward Interactions at Heritage Foundation's Launch of The Daily Signal
- Mice Close Washington Post Cafeteria
- Is Ed Henry the Reason for Mice Problem in White House Press Room?
- MoJo Smacks Down Examiner Writer 'Investigating' Michael Hastings' Death