Harvard’s Nieman Foundation announced their 2006-7 fellows and a few local folks were honored: (from the release)
- Gina Acosta, editorial page copy editor at The Washington Post, will study the fiscal consequences of U.S. immigration policy and the participation of ethnic and religious minorities in public life.
- Claudio Sanchez, national education correspondent for National Public Radio, will study educational policies and practices that have failed Mexican immigrant children — legal and illegal — to better understand why so many are growing up alienated and unskilled.
- Andrea McCarren, investigative reporter at WJLA-TV, Washington, D.C., will pursue an anthropological study of adolescence in America with an emphasis on the impact of new technology on school violence and gang membership.
- CNN's Jake Tapper Recipient of 'Tex' McCrary Award for Excellence in Journalism
- WaPo, Center for Public Integrity, CFR Named Finalists for 2014 Online Journalism Awards
- Round 3 Superlative Winners: Pamela Kirkland, Brad & Lauren Dayspring, Maggie Haberman
- Jen Bendery, Dannia Hakki, Gindy win Round 2 of FishbowlDC Superlatives