Oh joy! Just like in that dream we had that one time, ex-DC journo Savannah Guthrie is starting a blog dedicated to her yet-unborn child! The charmingly alliterative “bouncing baby blog” will feature extensive coverage of Savannah’s abdomen, and -once the baby has grown some thumbs -live Tweets from inside her uterus.*
No word yet on whether NBC intends to live-stream the birth itself -though a birdy tells us they are considering adding a special fifth AND sixth hour of the “Today Show” to cover the final month of her pregnancy.
Other possible baby-centric features under discussion by “Today” producers:
1) A “Mocktail of the Day” segment with Kathy Lee and Hoda aimed at pregnant women who don’t want to be left out on Ladies Night. Kathy Lee and Hoda will drink regular cocktails.
2) A contest open to the public and hosted by Carson Daly to choose the baby’s middle name.
3) Appearances by guest bloggers Prince George of England, North West, and Carmen Gabriela Baldwin.
4) A special late night airing of the conception video.
*This, and most everything else in this post, is entirely made up. The baby blog is real though -find out for yourself.
- Emily Miller's Two eHarmony Rejections Win 'The View'
- Jay Carney Hits Up 'The Late Show With David Letterman'
- FOX 5 DC's Emily Miller to Guest-Host 'The View' on Thursday
- POLITICO's Rachel Smolkin to Join CNN as Executive Editor of CNN Politics Digital