What we almost missed today…
• Commedia dell Media, coming to a Press Club near you. Check out Conde Nast’s Matt Cooper, radio personality Jamila Bey, Bloomberg’s Scott Lanman, Mother Jones’ David Corn, UPI’s Shaun Waterman, McClatchy’s Nancy Youssef, US News’ Anna Mulrine, WUSA’s Mike Walter, and WaPo’s Delphine Schrank exercise their “infamous comedic chops” this Friday at 8pm. Newsweek’s Mark Hosenball is even going to sing an ode to “the scoundrels of Wall Street.” And the best part- it is all for charity. More info can be found here.
And check out some highlights from last year’s show at Hollywood on the Potomac.
• The owner of Washington City Paper, Creative Loafing Inc., has won its bankruptcy ruling. More on that here.
• Politico looks into why WaPo hasn’t picked an AME Style. From Michael Calderone’s post: “Lately, much of the internal chatter has revolved around Ned Martel, a former editor-at-large of Men’s Vogue who’s recently been down to the Post headquarters.”
• Lastly today, Washington Whispers serves up the “Top 10 Places to Eat with DC Big Shots.” Looks like VandeHarris did their homework– Blue Duck Tavern, where they were spotted clinking glasses with Bono last night– makes Paul Bedard‘s cut.
- AnonymASS Tipster of the Moment
- Politico to Hire Down?
- A Day in the Work Life of Michelle Fields
- Newt's Moon Plans