What we almost missed today…
• Sen. Arlen Specter switched parties today from the GOP to the Democrats. Who was first to report? WaPo’s Chris Cillizza had it on The Fix at 11:51am, Bloomberg first on TV at 11:57am, according to TVNewser.
• Bob Schieffer isn’t the only DC journo with roots in Fort Worth, Texas. The Star-Telegram catches up with Fox News’ Jim Angle. “The thing about Schieffer is Texans have a – there’s a certain way of looking at the world that is similar for a lot of Texans. The thing I liked about Schieffer was, he was always looking for the funny little story about some local guy that captured the essence of some broader issue. Every time I’d see him, we’d start swapping stories,” Angle says.
- Awkward Interactions at Heritage Foundation's Launch of The Daily Signal
- Mice Close Washington Post Cafeteria
- Is Ed Henry the Reason for Mice Problem in White House Press Room?
- MoJo Smacks Down Examiner Writer 'Investigating' Michael Hastings' Death