The Hill’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list is slated for release on Tuesday, July 29 and 49 of the 50 have already been decided. For the first year ever, one recipient will be decided by readers who vote for the last minute addition on thehill.com and its Facebook page.
Now in its 11th year, the list highlight’s members of Congress, congressional staffers, campaign aides, lobbyists, executive branch employees, and other Capitol Hill personnel based on nominations by their peers, chosen by Hill staff.
This year’s social media contenders after the jump.
- Brad Jenkins, associate director of the White House’s Office of Public Engagement and of the creative brains behind President Obama’s Emmy-nominated appearance on “Between Two Ferns” for Funny or Die
- Meredith Raimondi, staffer for Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) and a director for City Dogs Rescue
- Brian Johnson, director of federal relations at the American Petroleum Institute
- Mike McQuerry, 17-year veteran of Capitol Hill, currently serving as communications director for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
- Megan Chan, director of digital product for POLITICO
Past honorees include President Barack Obama in 2005 (then a Senator), Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) in 2013, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) in 2011, Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) in 2011, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) in 2012, and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) in 2009.
Don’t forget to vote (here).
- Sen. Cory Booker Pens Letter to AG Eric Holder on Michael Brown and Ferguson
- Sen. Harkin's Comms Director Kate Cyrul Frischmann Joins Microsoft in PR Capacity
- Senators Celebrate 'Seersucker Thursday'
- Beer, Bourbon Take Center Stage at HuffPost Politics Roundtable on Washington Lobbying