WaPo‘s “In the Loop” column is officially evolving. Today they launch the blog, an extension of Al Kamen’s column, which runs Wednesdays and Fridays. As he puts it, “Today we launch the ‘In the Loop’ blog to intensify the pain.” Along with Kamen’s usual antics, it will feature Emily Heil, who joined the publication this summer from Roll Call’s “Heard on the Hill.”
They began publishing posts just before 7 a.m.
Regular features to expect:
- Quote of the Week from a bizarre or mangled speech
- RSVP for a fun or strange fundraiser or other event
- Travel and Leisure section about government officials’ junkets
- On the Run/Revolving Door, to track who’s leaving government to cash out on K Street or to another venture.
In today’s blog launch, Kamen and Heil ask readers for a phrase that will define President Obama‘s presidency. Examples from prior presidents: “We have nothing to fear but fear itself,” or “Ask not what your country can do for you” or “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.”
Visit the blog here.
- Fareed Zakaria to Join Atlantic Media as Contributing Editor
- Memo From BuzzFeed EiC Ben Smith - 'We’ve decided to let Benny Johnson go'
- BuzzFeed's Ben Smith Reviewing Editor's Work Amid Plagiarism Accusations
- FCC Approves Sale of WJLA, News Channel 8 to Sinclair Broadcast Group