This week’s Time magazine cover:
WHY WASHINGTON IS FROZEN
Time contributor Peter Beinart on three ways to break the cycle.
1. More New Hampshires. If every state took New Hampshire’s example to heartÂ—and allowed independents to vote in presidential primaries and congressional ones … more moderate candidates win. The result? “A bipartisan rebirth.”
2. Former Crossfire Hosts Paul Begala and Tucker Carlson might like this one: More Crossfires. Create new talk shows and blogs in which liberals and conservatives interrogate one another’s views – like … CNN’s Crossfire.
3. More Ross Perots. A powerful third-party voice demanding that both parties take real steps to solve problems. Republicans would still disagree profoundly…, but they would feel greater pressure to amend rather than kill them.
- Susan Glasser Names WaPo's Eva Rodriguez Senior Editor of POLITICO Magazine
- National Journal 'Women in Washington' Issue Leads with Piece by NPR's Michel Martin
- Magazine Cover of the Week: WaPo Mag with NBC4's Jim Vance and Doreen Gentzler
- EXCLUSIVE: Garrett Graff Joins POLITICO Magazine