Award show magic and mystery abounds. Or not quite. The WGA has granted waivers to the Feb. 14 NAACP’s Image Awards, the Jan. 27 SAG Awards and the Feb. 23 Independent Spirit Awards,while turning down the Golden Globes, and now the Oscars.
Is all this because the WGA
(1) has so few members of color,
(2) believes actors will sound really, really dumb if left to their own devices, and
(3) all the cool people watch the Indies?
Producer Gil Cates hinted at plans for an alternative Oscar show and we’re guessing he doesn’t have Kre8tive attire, dreads and a performance by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum in mind.
- Lauren Dolgen, Creator of MTV's Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant: 'Bring on the Criticism'
- WME Starts a CAAt Fight
- How Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars Came to ABC TV
- Angelina Jolie Reveals Double Mastectomy in New York Times Op-Ed