Sr. Editor at PR Newswire, Cathleen Cotter, fancies herself as an Arthurian enchantress. And we can see why. She did answer our insidiously insightful questions without the use of ancient magicks.
1. What newspapers do you read? L.A. Times on weekends, the Argonaut (local paper), LA Weekly, City Beat (otherwise I get my news online)
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? none, but I do enjoy reading the paper while out with my friends for breakfast on the weekend and we read interesting bits to each other.
3. Which Web sites (besides FBLA) are on your favorites bookmark? I don’t really use bookmarks. The tabs on my Firefox browser are set to Flickr, Gmail, CNN, LA Observed and Curbed L.A.
4. Where do you get your car washed? This place on Lincoln, north of Washington Blvd.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? Yes–Marilyn
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? No. People will always like to read off of paper. I think they’re going to change, but not die.
7. What was the last book you read? Currently reading Jesus Land and The Commuters. I just finished Cell.
8 .What’s the last book you say you read? I’m never ashamed of what I’ve read. I will tell people if it’s good or bad and why I think so.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Pegasus — ’cause that would be kinda funny. Like people who name their cats “Puppy.” No, seriously…I don’t know. It would depend on the personality of my unicorn.
10. What does your TiVo think about you? I’m sorry… I don’t understand the question. And I don’t have TiVo because I don’t really watch TV (gasp!)
11. Character of fiction you most resemble? Morganna in Mists of Avalon.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? I’d love to say Angelina Jolie, but I don’t know how realistic that really is.
13. Do you floss? Sometimes…not as often as I should.
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? I’ve always been on the fence about this. But, since I’m not sure, I never completely trust them. This is why I don’t have many toys (just some sentimental stuffed animals from my grandma.)
15. How many old cell phones do you own? None–donate them to a recycling program.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. I’ve never had an encounter with a “legend,” but I did watch an episode of the L Word in a VIP room with Marlee Matlin. She’s really genuine and nice. And I stood in line behind Nicole Richie at the Coffee Bean.
17. Do you get satellite radio? YES!
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio? It’s the best thing…no commercials, and so many different options! One can listen to music that isn’t normally played on radio stations in L.A.
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/People? I think I might have read one issue of US in the past year (it might have been People, but I think it was US). It was at a Dr.’s office.
20. Do you lie about it? No… I didn’t lie. I giggled and told my friends.
FBLA 20 Questions
- One Cheeky LA Weekly Op-Ed Deserves Another
- A Sony Press Conference, a Microsoft Party
- Queens of the Stone Age Frontman Keeps NPR Motor Running
- Wave of Media Coverage Pushes Malibu Beaches App Over the Top