The NY Times might have some fancy writers, editors and such but the LA Times has a secret weapon: Edward Padgett, pressman, blogger, and relentless teller of truth. And the truth comes out, when he answers those “so random they must be profound” questions of ours.
1. What’s the first thing(s) you read in the morning? LAObserved, LA Biz Observed, Fishbowl LA, Media Bistro, Los Angeles Times, San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
2. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure website? Fling.com
3. What job do you fantasize about having? Tour guide on the Island of Cozumel for non Spanish speaking tourist.
4. Last movie you saw? I-robot with Will Smith
5. Last book you read? On Death and Dying, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross M.D.
6. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Met Debra Wilson from MAD TV at Naja’s in Redondo Beach, we danced, drank, and laughed. Just met Danny Bonaduce at the 2007 Love Ride, and found him to be much calmer than portrayed by the media.
7. Proudest media moment? Interview with KNBC News regarding the termination of Jeff Johnson, the former publisher of the Los Angeles Times.
8. Ever had a brush with the law? Describe. While visiting Seal Beach my new ’74 V.W. was towed away due too the fact the registration, taped to the front windshield, was removed during a car wash. After paying the towing fee of $40.00 my car was released to my custody.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Buddy
10. What does your TiVo think about you? I’m a dreamer, attempt to record over 200 hours of programs when the Tivo has a limit of 100 hours.
11. Character of fiction you most resemble? Theodore Cleaver
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic?
13. What’s your ringtone? The default ringtone.
14. Favorite electronic device? My wireless mouse, best gift I ever received, and use it everyday.
15. What do your friends say is your best quality? I resolve conflict and forgive easily.
16. What do your enemies say is your worst? I greet my enemies with a smile, handshake, and a hug when they allow me.
17.What natural talent do you wish you had? A singing voice, my friends love too hear me sing for a good laugh.
18. What’s your theme song?
Whip It, by Devo
19. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, happens every time I visit the beach.
20. When is the last time you volunteered? May, 2007 Where? UCLA, Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.
- Possible Sale of LA Times to Koch Brothers Sparks Protest
- Hanging Out in Venice with the JibJab Crew
- Dodger Dog Takes On Whole New Meaning at Marlins Game
- A Slice of SoHo at the Sunset Marquis