FBLA is proud to introduce our newest endeavor: getting LA’s quotable noteables to answer a bunch of silly questions. First up: Ken Levine. (Levine had the best line about the recent SAG awards: “Wouldn’t it have been great a few years ago if Castaway had won for best Cast in a motion picture?”)
1. What newspapers do you read?
The LA TIMES, NY TIMES (on Sunday), CHICAGO TRIBUNE TV section, LA WEEKLY when I need a massage.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? NY POST
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark? Los Angeles Radio People, Defamer, Hoffmania
4. Where do you get your car washed?
Who actually knows the name of their car wash? It’s on Sepulveda somewhere. They do an okay job and I can buy Steve Hall inspirational piano CD’s and pine tree air fresheners in their gift shop.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? No because he doesn’t say his name in the credit dentist ad.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when?
No. I believe their online offshoots will take a greater importance but people want to hold a newspaper.
7. What was the last book you read? Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart.
8. What’s the last book you say you read?
Helen Reddyâ€™s autobiography.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Hat rack. That question was even dumber than the car wash one.
10. What does your TiVo think about you? It’s time to get over Natalie Wood already.
11. character of fiction you most resemble? Ignatius J. Reilly or Jack Ryan
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Sean Connery and then Daniel Craig in the remake.
13. Do you floss? Yes.
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? No. And I almost got a hernia blowing them up. Do you still? I hold out hope for Fifi.
15. How many old cell phones do you own? One. Iâ€™m still expecting a callback from my agent.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Vin Scully
17. Do you get satellite radio? Yes. XM.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio?
No commercials, 170 music channels, major league baseball–what’s not to get?
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/people? Only in supermarket lines.
20. Do you lie about it? Yes. I really donâ€™t read them but tell people I do.
- One Cheeky LA Weekly Op-Ed Deserves Another
- A Sony Press Conference, a Microsoft Party
- Queens of the Stone Age Frontman Keeps NPR Motor Running
- Wave of Media Coverage Pushes Malibu Beaches App Over the Top