At last night’s KPCC “Millenials” mixer, several small groups of listeners took turns getting a guided tour of the public radio station’s Pasadena headquarters. LA journalist Luis Gomez was among the October 2 visitors and tells FishbowlLA that as he, his girlfriend and others did the walk-through, they happened upon KPCC president and CEO Bill Davis (pictured).
“He came out of his office as we were walking by,” Gomez explains. “He said hello, thanked people for being KPCC members and then asked if there were any questions.”
- Madeleine Brand left KPCC for a “lucrative TV production deal.” Let the guessing game re-begin: Current TV? NBC LA? Ora.tv?…;
- Since hiring A Martinez, KPCC’s Latino listener number have doubled;
- There was a long list of local and national applicants for the slot Martinez filled, and KPCC feels without a doubt that he was the right choice.
[Photo courtesy KPCC]
- KFI Newsman Talks About Looming Health Insurance Nightmare
- Former LA Times Reporter Apologizes for His Role in Gary Webb Tragedy
- Tess Vigeland Fills In for A Martinez
- Exiting Marketplace Morning Report Host Thanks His LA Producer