The LA Times is just growing by leaps and bounds. Coming soon, as announced by Meredith Artley:
* Small changes to the homepage including a dedicated area for sports, more visible blog and quote treatment.
* “Emerald City,” a blog on green living in LA.
* “Up to Speed,” a new auto blog.
* A Mideast blog from our foreign staff.
* New designs for The Envelope, Autos and Opinion.
* Readers’ Rep, a blog from Jamie Gold and her team.
* A columnist blog for Sandy Banks.
* Even more original videos and design changes to our video player.
* A new, singular email newsletter system, which will allow us to grow our email offering in areas like politics, breaking news and more.
Top blogs for September:
1. The Envelope: Gold Derby – 233,603 page views (up from 99,055 in Emmy-less August)
2. Homicide Report – 205,915 page views
3. Top of the Ticket – 192,270 page views
5. Movable Buffet (Vegas blog â€“ big assist from the OJ Simpson news)
6. The Envelope: Styles & Scenes
7. L.A. Land
8. Show Tracker
9. Spector Trial
10. All Things Trojan
- U-T San Diego’s Loss is Press-Enterprise’s Gain
- The Orange County Register Goes Back to Its Roots
- WEHOville.com Looking to Kickstart Weekly Print Edition
- Morning Media Newsfeed: Brooks Pleads Not Guilty | Asian Newspaper Circ Up | Wendy Williams Renewed